What We Do
What We Do
Chalgrove Primary School runs out of hours childcare through its extended school day care known as After-School Club or Chill Out Club.
Our aims are:
- To make our club genuinely accessible to all families with children attending Chalgrove Primary School.
- To provide an opportunity for children to socialise out of school.
- To provide a range of creative, physical and play activities in a comfortable, familiar and safe environment.
- The Club is available for children aged 4 to 11 years. We have places for 24 children at each session.
- We run from the end of the school day 3.15pm until 6.00pm.
- The club follows school term dates. This means the Club will not open on staff training days, or when we finish early for school holidays.
To register your child please contact Mrs Dawn Evans our school business manager.
Please remember that the working Families Tax credit is available to those parents who work 16 hours or more. This could help with childcare fees. Contact the Working Families Tax Credit hotline 0845 6098000 for further information.
To check if your voucher scheme is registered to the club please contact Dawn Evans.
Parents are invoiced on a termly basis.
Location of After-School Club
The Club is located in the childrens centre, next to the school. The club has access to the childrens centre's outdoors play area and also the Community Hall. A member of staff always supervises the children during outside play.
Activities at the Club
Our programme of activities places emphasis on providing a safe and fair play, and aims to be creative stimulating, fun and varied.
Each child is encouraged to make choices in their play activities in order to promote independence and self esteem.
Our weekly program of activities may include:
- Team games/Sports
- Junk Modeling/Loose Parts
- Art and Painting
- Dressing up
- Construction toys/Lego/Knex
- Outdoor play/Nature
- Imaginative Play
- Board Games and puzzles
We also provide a quiet area for children to relax, read or do homework.
At approximately 4.15 the children are offered toast or a another healthy snack, drinks are always available during the session.
The club is registered with Ofsted. Parents are encouraged to read our club policies which include the Positive Behaviour and Discipline Policy and the Complaints Procedure, available from the play leader. Where appropriate these policies are identical to the school policies with a few additional policies specific to an Extended School Facility.
In the meantime if you need any information about the Chalgrove Primary After-School Club please contact Dawn Evans, the School Business Manager.