Sports Funding at Chalgrove Primary School
What is the Sports Premium?
The Government is providing substantial primary school sports funding. This funding is being jointly provided be the Departments of Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport and will see money going directly to schools to spend on improving sports and PE for all their children.
The sport funding can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
Purpose of Funding
Schools will have to spend the sport funding improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Possible uses for the funding include:-
- Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside teachers whilst they are teaching PE
- New Change4Life sport club, run by our school Sports Ambassadors and an adult
- Funding professional development opportunities in PE/Sports
- Provding cover to release teachers for professional develpoment in PE/sport
- Running sport competitions and increasing participation in the school partnership events
- Buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE/sport
- Proving places for pupils on after school sports clubs
How the impact will be measured
The impact of sport and PE in school will be measured in many ways, some of which will be:
- Pupil Surveys
- Staff Surveys
- Training Evaluation
- School council feedback
- Sports ambassador feedback
- Sports club attendance registers
- Tracking vulnerable pupil attendance