At Chalgrove Community Primary School, we are committed to ensuring equality of opportunity for all pupils, staff, parents and carers irrespective of race, gender, disability, belief, sexual orientation, age or socio-economic background. We aim to develop a culture of inclusion and diversity in which all those connected to the school feel proud of their identity and ability to participate fully in school life.
We tackle discrimination through the positive promotion of equality, by challenging bullying and stereotypes and by creating an environment which champions respect for all.
At Chalgrove Community Primary School, we believe that diversity is a strength which should be respected and celebrated by all those who learn, teach and visit us.
Equality and Equity in Teaching and Learning
We strive to ensure all our pupils have the opportunities they need to succeed and reach the highest level of personal achievement. We do this by:
- Ensuring equality of access for all pupils to prepare them for life in a diverse society - opportunities for all
- Ensuring equitable access to resources and support, to ensure each pupil, including those from a deprived background, or those who have a special educational need, receive any additional support they require
- Using materials that reflect the diversity of the school, local and global community, without stereotyping
- Promoting attitudes and values that challenge any discriminatory behaviour or prejudice
- Providing opportunities for pupils to appreciate their own culture and celebrate the diversity of other cultures
- Seeking to involve all parents in supporting their child’s education
- Utilising teaching approaches appropriate for the whole school population which are inclusive and reflective of our pupils' needs
Equality in Admissions and Exclusions
Our admissions arrangements are fair and transparent and do not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender, religion, belief, disability and/or socio-economic background.
Equal Opportunities for Staff
All staff appointments and promotions are made on the basis of merit and ability and in compliance with the law. We are keen to ensure that the staffing of the school reflects the diversity of our community.
The school has a full and separate Equality Policy. Please consult this for further details if you wish.