Welcome meeting information
Welcome to the Year 1 class page
Please find all the information for the term ahead.
This term, we are looking forward to getting to know each other and settling into our new routines. We will spend lots of time learning the classroom rules and making sure everyone feels happy and safe. You can help your child at home by reminding them about being kind and showing our three Rs:
The children will earn individual and class Dojo points for showing these school values.
Topics this term:
Science - materials.
History - 1066 and The Battle of Hastings.
Talk for Writing (TfW) and literacy
This term we will be:
- Learning and retelling the story 'How to Catch a Star'.
- Retelling verbally, with actions, using story maps and drama.
- Talking about settings.
- Learning new vocabulary from the story.
- Reading other stories that compliment this.
- Writing setting descriptions.
We will be:
- Revising numbers to 10.
- Counting forwards and backwards.
- Finding one more or one less.
- Adding and subtracting within 10.
- Learning place value to 20.
We will continue with Animaphonics and will be:
Revising previous knowledge.
Learning alternative graphemes.
Learning new rainbow words.
Applying phonics knowledge to reading and writing.
Forest school will take place on Tuesday afternoons. Please ensure children have warm clothes, waterproofs and wellies, particularly as the weather gets wetter and colder.
P.E. will take place on Thursday afternoons. Please ensure that full P.E. kit, including appropriate footwear, comes into school on a Monday.